Editor's Review for Advanced Codecs
Advanced Codecs (64-bit and 32-bit included) for Windows 7 and Windows 8 (Advanced Codecs 64-bit also named Advanced x64Components for Windows 7, 8 and 10) contains a Settings Application to use in conjunction with your windows media center setup which will enable each user to choose different splitters and decoders for specific filetypes. The application will also allow you to choose from 10 different speaker configurations from ‘same as input’ and all the way up to full 7.1 channel output.
To setup FLAC audio playback in Windows Media Center you must initially select the x64 WMP as the default player. For Windows 7 Media Center users, this can be set back to the 32bit afterwards.
Advanced Codecs for Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 is a fully functional standalone installation that can be included in an unattended environment using the switch -ai.
- Update LAV filters 0.70.2.82 (update CUVID for HEVC and VP9 decoding)
- Update Gabest filters 184.108.40.20655 (official release)
- Update MediaInfo DLL 17.10 (official release)
- Update Icaros 3.0.3 B2 (official release)
- Support for the Alliance for Open Media (AV1 video playback and thumbnails)
- Fully support 3D playback
- Update MPC-BE filters 220.127.116.1148
UPGRADE installations are fully functional!