Editor's Review for RealPlayer
RealPlayer is a cross platform media player that was developed by RealNetworks. It was developed with the sole function of playing recorded media. RealPlayer was formerly referred to as RealOne player and it is powered by an open source engine called helix.
RealPlayer can run on several operating systems namely linux, unix, android, palm os, windows mobile, symbian and you can download RealPlayer for Windows on this page.
- RealPlayer supports different media formats for example audio formats supported include mp3, cd audio, wav, aac and apple lossless among others. Video formats supported include dvd .vob, video cd, mpeg, avi and wma among others. The software also has streaming capabilities.
- Plug-ins are available to help extend the functionality of the software.
- Cloud functionality is offered currently.
- Users can wirelessly stream videos from their PCs via the cloud app on iPads and other tablets.
- Users can download and play video and music files offline.
- Users can burn music, video and images to dvds to act as back-up.
- Users are able to convert media files to different formats.
- Users can play, manage, download and stream music and video files wirelessly from their PC to tablets.
- Users can burn and also back up video and audio files.
- You can watch videos on your TV.
- You can convert music and video files from one format to another.
- Real player offers both cloud connectivity and private mode.
- The software is unable to play some media formats.
- Tries to upgrade each time a user launches the software.